Tribhuvan University, Institute of Science and Technology has introduced a 4-year semester program, Bachelors of Science in Computer Science and Information Technolog (B.Sc.CSIT). The course designed for this program is highly acceptable and demanding to the nation and the IT industries all around the world. B.Sc.CSIT is four year eight semester program offered by Tribhuvan University for the first time in Nepal. This program is being offered at the following constituent colleges of Tribhuvan University.
- Amrit Campus, Lainchour, Thamel, Kathmandu
- Patan Multiple Campus, Patan Dhoka, Lalitpur
- Shree Siddhanath Science Campus, Mahendranagar, Kanchanpur
- Birendra Multiple Campus, Bharathpur, Chitwan
- Ramshwaroop Ramsagar Multiple Campus, Janakpur
- Butwal Multiple Campus, Butwal, Rupandehi
- Bhaktapur Multiple Campus, Bhaktapur
- Prithvi Narayan Campus, Pokhara
- Mahendra Multiple Campus, Nepalgunj
BSc CSIT program involves, in addition to conventional lectures, a great deal of practical and project works. The program develops the underlying principles of both Computer Science and Information Technology and shows how these principles can be applied to real world problems. This program develops the skills that are essential for both computer professionals and IT specialists.
The design and implementation of B.Sc. CSIT course offers new challenges when compared to the traditional computing environment. The recent emergence of global business, new technologies for data processing and data communication / networking environment, equip specialized science graduates to focus on professional careers in Information Technology. The B.Sc. CSIT program provides the students with adequate theoretical and practical knowledge which will enable students to effectively participate in solving the complex problem of the IT industry.